"The Clock with the Two Towers" is an impressive building with rich decoration, interesting facades, two towers and a remarkable clock. It is located at 55 Hristo Botev Blvd., where the Regional Chamber of the Kingdom of Bulgaria was housed until the middle 1940s, but currently there is the "Ministry of Agriculture". The project is work of the legendary Bulgarian architect Nikola Lazarov, whose cultural monuments are distinguished by detailed decoration - baroque forms, towers, balustrades and others.
The project for the building received the first prize at a prestigious international competition in 1912. Due to the outbreak of the First World War, the implementation of the project was delayed, and construction activities began only in 1920. Arch. Lazarov was forced to withdraw from the project, as investors identified the baroque forms as outdated for the period. The completion of the building became a responsible task of his assistant arch. Iliya Popov. The building has been under construction for over 7 years and was fully completed in 1927. Despite the differences, the building retains its authenticity and Lazarov's design. The two towers, the dome in the central part of the building and the relief motifs are evidence of the "Art Nouveau style" in the decoration. In the center of the large dome is situated a clock decorated with plastic, resembling wreaths and medallions.Sources: