"House of Artillery" - in this house once lived the father of Bulgarian artillery - Gen. Kalin Naidenov. A beautiful frieze surrounds the building, and the windows are outlined with massive embossed frames with ornaments at the top. The edge of the building is decorated with large white cartouches at the top.
Lieutenant General Kalin Naidenov (1865 - 1925) was born on February 18 in the village of Shiroka Laka, Smolyan region. He graduated from the Military School in Sofia (1885) and the Artillery and Engineering Applied Academy in Turin, Italy (1891). He took part in the Serbo-Bulgarian War (1885). After his return from Turin he was sent to Germany, France and England to learn about the production of artillery materials and the supply of weapons (1892 - 1893). From 1894 to 1895 he commanded a battery in the 4th Artillery Regiment and at the same time taught at the Military School.
He successively held the positions of Chief of the Sofia Artillery Arsenal (1895 - 1899), Commander of a Division in the 4th Artillery Regiment (1899 - 1901), Chief of the Technical Department of the Artillery Inspection (1901 - 1908) and Commander of the 2nd Artillery Regiment. 1908 - 1912).
In the Balkan War (1912 - 1913) he was assistant chief of artillery at the Headquarters of the Active Army, and from 1913 to 1915 - inspector of artillery. He has great merits for the development of the Bulgarian artillery in organizational, material-technical and educational terms.
During the First World War (1915 - 1918) he was Minister of War (September 21, 1915 - June 21, 1918), and after his release - General for Special Orders (June 25 - September 1918). On October 20, 1918 he transferred to the reserve. He died in the attack in the church "St. Sunday.
Awarded the Military Order "For Courage" III grade 2 class.
It is curious that in March 1916, Major General Kalin Naidenov, in his capacity as Minister of War, ordered the collection of military items from the front to begin with the idea of creating a future museum of the Bulgarian Army.